There’s room in brewing for a broader range of people, perspectives and experiences and, by educating a more diverse pool of brewers, UC Davis will help make that happen.
Now in its third year, the UC Davis Tapping Potential program seeks $16,000 to fund diversity-focused, full-ride scholarships to the prestigious UC Davis Online Master Brewers Certificate Program. Last year, with generous support from breweries, hop suppliers and beer lovers, we awarded scholarships to four amazing brewers.
With your help, this year we can do more.
Scholarships are available to students who are committed to diversity, have experience and/or understanding of the barriers traditionally faced by people from underrepresented populations and demonstrate a high potential for leadership in promoting understanding of diverse groups in the brewing industry.
By supporting this campaign, you are giving aspiring professional brewers the opportunity to:
- Learn how to manage all aspects of a world-class professional brewing operation, from ingredient selection to fermentation to packaging
- Design a brewery, including equipment selection, installation and evaluation of production processes
- Attend a once-in-a-lifetime bootcamp at UC Davis' state-of-the-art Anheuser Busch InBev Pilot Brewery and Sierra Nevada Brewing Science Laboratory
- Learn from (and be mentored by) the world’s most knowledgeable brewing instructors – the faculty of UC Davis!
- Network with current and future industry leaders
- Launch their career as a brewer (graduates of this program are highly sought by breweries)
Re-shaping an industry takes time, but education and the lifetime of opportunities it represents is the first step. By contributing you help transform the lives of individual brewers and, through them, the industry we are all so passionate about.